How To Avoid Mold Growth in Bathroom
Mold is a hot topic for today’s homeowners. It’s common knowledge that mold is dangerous for your health, but it’s also unsightly and can really cause the value of a home to decrease. It can even cost a sale when a home inspector reports it to potential home buyers. So, how can you avoid mold growth in your bathroom effectively?
- Hang Wet Items Up. Mold loves a warm, wet environment. If left unattended for a long period of time, mold can pop up in things like soaking wet towels left balled up on the floor. It can also appear in showers and tubs.
- Change Shower Curtains And Check For Leaks. How long has it been since you changed your shower curtain? If it’s been a while and especially if you don’t clean your shower regularly, you may spot some mold developing around the bottom of the curtain. Also, if you notice excess water escaping your tub or shower, it could be traveling through your flooring and causing mold under the subfloor. This especially happens with prolonged leaks around tubs, commodes, and showers.
- Buy A Dehumidifier. Using a dehumidifier in your bathroom, especially if it sees heavy traffic, will be a huge help in creating conditions that mold spores don’t like.
- Buy The Right Materials. If you are planning on remodeling your bathroom soon, be sure to pick materials that are mold resistant! (They make those now!)
- Cleaning products. There are tons of cleaning products on the market now that claim to fight and defend against mold. Be sure and do your research ahead of time to find the safest and most effective type/brand.
If you happen to find mold in your home, our team of experts is here and ready to help! Give us a call today!