What To Do When Water Leaks
It happens to everyone. A toilet. A leaky faucet. A busted pipe. Hey its manmade and we know that it breaks. The question however, is what actions do we take first.
1. Find and shut of the water source. Now mater where it is, find it and stop it. Even if that means bringing in the professionals.
2. Turn off all the circuit breakers. You never know where that water has traveled or is. Last thing you want to do is electrocute yourself.
3. Now try and move as much water as possible.
4. Removed and prop up wet upholstery so it can dry.
5. Try and remove as much valuable stuff to a dry safe area.
6. Take pictures of everything.
7. Contact your insurance agent and SERVPRO.
Also don't try and dry it with your fans or vacuum cleaners. That is only going to make things worse and cost you a new vac. Call us and our professionals can handle the hard parts.