Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When it comes to water damage, being prepared ahead of time is a great asset! Here are some tips and tricks for you as a homeowner or business owner to use daily to avoid water damage now and in the future. By keeping these things in mind, you will be better prepared in the event disaster strikes. If you do come face to face with water damage, remember that your local SERVPRO team is here and ready to help get the restoration process started! Don't hesitate to give us call when and if you need us. We will be there fast and will get the job done right, the first time!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (423) 745-4165
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.