Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Mold can be damaging to your personal belongings and even to your health. A good way to avoid mold issues in the future is to stay vigilant. Also, it's important to know how mold develops and why it thrives in the environments that it does. Check out these tips and tricks to avoid mold growth in your home or office. By staying alert and aware, you're one step ahead of the mold and one step ahead of potential problems in the future. If you do come face-to-face with mold in your home or office, you can count on our local team of mold remediation experts at SERVPRO to tackle the problem once and for good!
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (423) 745-4165
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of McMinn, Monroe and Polk Counties for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of McMinn, Monroe and Polk Counties has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Tellico Plains